Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Nerd YouTube

If you have the stomach for it, check out the Dissection of a E12.5* mouse and removal of embryos; it's what I used to do. Although, I would have done things a little differently- you don't need scissors to get embryos out of a uterus. Also, watching him plate the neural precursors has me yelling at the screen, "I can't believe you just dropped that lid! Why are you crossing your arm over your open plate??!?!"

Yeah...nerd = me.

*12.5 day old embryo, roughly corresponds to a 46 day old human embryo

1 comment:

Grace said...

That is so cool. It is a bit like lifenet, except on a much much much smaller scale. I am so impressed with the skill it takes to do that! Go Aileen! Go Science!
P.S. I had an AWESOME weekend. Can't wait to see you on the 29th!