Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Am I crazy?

You're alone in your room reading or cleaning or doing some other quiet activity.

The room starts buzzing. Your heart starts beating faster. Your mind is racing.

You feel like you're moving quickly and slowly at the same time. It's the freakiest thing. Are you moving fast or slow??

Your eyes dart back and forth across the page. You read faster. Or you rush around the room putting things in their place, your heart pounding loud in your ears, competing with the buzzing surrounding you.

You start to get a little panicky, a little scared.


What the hell is that???? Do any of you ever feel like that? I know some people do, but other people look at me crazy when I describe the sensation. It's hard to describe really. I don't know how it starts or how it stops.

1 comment:

Grace said...

That sounds scary! I've had moments when my heart was racing, or felt like it was beating out of control, but not quite like what you've experienced. I hope that it doesn't come back!
And I'm sure you're not crazy - crazy funny maybe!
-Graceface