Thursday, November 30, 2006

Home, finally

Ahhhhh this trip posting is taking too long and really the best stuff happened on the first day....


Anywhoozles...

We left New Orleans and began the 11 hour drive that crossed time zones, making it seem longer, to arrive in Greenville, South Carolina at about 10pm. FYI there are two Days Inns in Greenville, so make sure you know at which one you have a reservation. Not much happened during the drive; we listened to a book, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. It was very entertaining.

On the next and final day of the drive, we were quite anxious to get home because it seemed like we were so close. We did stop at a BBQ place in North Carolina. It was alright; I like Pierce's in Williamsburg better, acutally. Grace drove the whole way taking us off 85 and on to 95 into Richmond. Grace is a good driver. It was her greatest driving challege...except for you know, driving an ambulance 80mph while taking on the phone and writing notes. Ok, so maybe it wasn't so much of a challenge. We listened to the rest of Confessions and also laughed along to Stephen Lynch, Mitch Hedberg, and a little Dane Cook. It took about 8hrs and we arrived in Richmond at Grace's house at about 4:20pm (the same time her flight was scheduled to arrive in Houston three days earlier. Freaky).

I stayed at Grace's for a few hours until rush hour(s) died down. We ate mexican pizza delivered from Bottom's Up and watched Top Chef. Ahh...comfortable couch and cable tv. But by 8pm I was itching to get home.

I pulled into the drive way at about 10pm and almost immediately began doing prep work for Thanksgiving. It was like I hadn't even been driving three days and 14,000 miles. It wasn't until a week after putting all my stuff in the car, after all the holiday hullabaloo, that I really began unpacking my car.

I'm still getting settled in. I've rewashed all my clothes. I spent yesterday clearing out Edward's old bedroom in the basement so that I could begin redecorating it and filling it with my stuff. FYI, Guboy, your room is filled with your crap now. LOL. Merry Christmas, clean your room. I'm applying to a number of technician jobs at NIH (a mouse job therefore no mice as pets, oh well!) and Quest Diagnostics. They're full time and part time positions, and since I have no money and nobody wants to give me any, I'll take anything and figure out how I'll complete my thesis. Wish me luck.

Well, I have to go now because I have lots to do. I am going to get a retail job while I wait for the science jobs. Probably some place where I can get a discount on clothes. :) wish me luck for a place that doesn't suck.

It's nice to be home. It will take some getting used to, but the food is good and I don't pay rent!

P.S. I am back on trying to live a healthier life and began a JC style diet on my own. Since Monday I've lost 2lbs! Yay!

No comments: