Just kidding. It was the America's Test Kitchen (ATK) recipe. It turned out very well, except I thought it needed pepper. The recipe doesn't call for black pepper, but I like pepper on pretty much everything.
The hostess, who is Taiwanese, made spring rolls. I fried them while she finished wrapping. It's funny how I tend to be the eggroll fryer at parties.
We were so stuffed, but happy, by the end of the evening. Unfortunately, I was so full I had a hard time sleeping. It could have also been the gigantic amaretto sour that I had as well. Or my newly developed carpal tunnel in my left (to join my right) hand. This makes me very sad, I had to mention it.
Anyways, due to the fitful sleep, I woke a little later than I wanted to. I had lots to do today! I haven't been this productive in a long time.
- Got a membership at the new Costco and bought a pecan pie
- Went to Safeway for normal sized foods
- Baked ATK's brown sugar cookies
- Baked ATK's oatmeal chocolate pecan cranberry cookies
- Baked whole grain spelt rolls
- Baked NY Times' parker house rolls (only not in muffin tins...so are they still parker house rolls?)
- Continued knitting a Christmas present scarf