Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Back from the surface of the sun

I'm back from Las Vegas. It was hot. But it was a dry heat. A burning, ferocious, searing, dry heat. I couldn't stop sneezing the first day because of the dryness. Going from 68% humidity in Houston to 9% in Las Vegas was a little much. After 6 liters of water, I felt OK. And if I had to choose, I'd choose a dry heat over humidity in a heartbeat.

But enough about the weather.

Alexis is just beyond wonderful. She is adorable and she likes me and she's not bad to take care of. She's pretty independent and doesn't wail when she wakes from a nap. She's totally content just playing in her crib by herself, as long as she isn't hungry or wet.

I needn't have worried that I wouldn't get much baby-holding time. I held her plenty and wished she wouldn't have to sleep so much. Despite not having changed a diaper in 20 years (Guboy's, ha ha), it was easy. Though, I was very lucky that I never had to change Alexis' poopy diaper. I gave Alexis a bath and fed her and burped her, no problem. It's reassuring to know that when I have babies, I won't be all thumbs. If I lived closer, I would be so happy to babysit Alexis. I did put on her onesie on backwards that one day, but now I know, lol. Edward and Rachel are really lucky to have such a good baby. Let's hope she stays that way.

I didn't get any pictures of Alexis in her baptismal clothes, but I'll be sure to get some and I'll make sure to post them asap. I didn't get the chance to get any pictures of me and Alexis on my camera which really sucks, but I do have the pictures I did take on my yahoo photos
page, including some where you can see how big she is. After cooking a lot of food for the reception into the wee hours of the night and eating a whole bunch, we were all sleepy. And running errands in 118 deg heat is pretty tiring, too. And taking care of a baby is pretty hard because you have to do the feed her-burp her-feed her-change her-clean her-put her to bed cycle every four hours. I loved meeting Alexis and I loved seeing the family, but I was pooped. I spent today in a coma, despite having good intentions to go to work. But when I fell asleep while eating lunch, I decided to call it a night.

I wouldn't say it's good to be back in Houston. But I will say, I can't wait to see my family again really soon.

No comments: