Friday, July 28, 2006

I once got in trouble for laughing too loud at an art museum

Here is a link to a page with a collection of strange statues from around the world.

I think the some of the strangest statues always involve children in some way. Like this one:

I know babies can be pretty sticky sometimes, but geez. Maybe this guy got his wish when he wanted to be a "babe magnet". He got all ready, worked out some, got naked and then POOF! Babe Magnet...."DAMMIT! Wrong kind of babe. Crazy genies taking everything so literally!"

It reminds of another statue, in Richmond on Monument where there are monuments (get it? huh? huh?!) of Civil war generals....and Arthur Ashe, the black tennis player.


It looks like the kids are in a hot tub reaching out to Mr. Ashe, as if to say, "Help, we're drowning! Save us from the hot tub of segregation!" But Arthur swings his tennis racket in defense and yells, "Hell no! Get away! I swear if you get any closer, I'll throw these books at you!"

No? ok, maybe not.

Oh, but here's a new favorite of mine. Sometimes I can be a feminist and I get tired of seeing one phallic statue after another. This giant vag is located outside of a German University's Institute of Microbiology (is it a statement on venereal disease?).


I just wonder if the university students rub it for good luck before an exam.

On the other hand, it also looks like a scary portal into the unknown. LOL. Kinda true, don't ya think? ONLY THE BRAVE MAY ENTER!!!!! LOL that would be such an awesome door.

No comments: