Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Random thingy

So I'm watching Criminal Minds and this week's story is set in Tennessee. An extremely mentally ill man is accused of killing 3 people and kidnapping a boy. His mother is being questioned by Hotchner played by Thomas Gibson aka Greg from Dharma and Greg. The following is paraphrased.

Hotchner: How long have you lived here?
Woman: All my life. I went to college in Virginia, but except that, just here.
H: Where did you go to college?
W: Sweet Briar. You know it?
H: My mother went to Mary Baldwin.

Cool! My teeny lil' women's college was mentioned on a TV show!

Hotchner went on to say that he knew Sweet Briar and Staunton (pronounced correctly!), Virginia well and that it was filled with people with a lot of old money and a lot of pride and she wanted to hide the fact that her son was a psycho.

Mary Baldwin and Sweet Briar the two women's colleges in Central Virginia. I assume girls who went to Sweet Briar had more money because they had an equestrian team. But you wouldn't have to search hard at all to find debutants at either school.

2 comments:

Edward said...

I'm glad to hear that Greg is working. I don't watch CBS to much unless its the occasional regular CSI or Rockstar: Supernova

Edward said...

That pandora thing...Really cool by the way!