Wednesday, August 16, 2006

There's still hope in Pandora's box

One of my favorite things used to be finding new music and recommending it to friends. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything good to listen to in a very long time, and basically I just gave up on new music. But now I don't have to because there is a website that will help immensely.

I was perusing
Time Magazine's 50 coolest websites and found one really awesome thing, Pandora. Type in a song or musician you like and it finds similiar music, not based on typical genres or era or band appearance, but on tonal qualities in the song. Then Pandora will play these songs like a radio! AND Pandora is free and you don't have to download anything!

So far the only thing I don't like about it is that is part of something called the Music Genome Project. "Lame use of the word genome," says the nerdy geneticist.

No comments: