Thursday, January 11, 2007

Nothing special

I am still waiting to start working at Digene. The exec retreat ended yesterday and I called to check in on what was going on, but nobody had any info for me. I am a little worried that the job won't go through. That would suck. So, you know, cross something for me.

Not a hell of a lot has been going on.

We've been prepping for Alexis' birthday party. Decorations, party favors, food, venue, etc etc. My dad estimates that he alone will have 100 guests, which includes families. Then there are Edward's guests and Mom's. I guess with that many people, a party just sort of runs itself.

If I ever get married I think I will elope.

What else...Goo and I went for a little tiny bike ride in Cosca park. I had to learn how to ride a bike again using my dad's mountain bike. I hadn't forgotten, but I did have to learn how to shift gears. I decided I'll be more adventurous on the bike once I get regular health insurance.

I visited Grace and Andrew for a day last weekend. I arrived just in time to join them for the 11am service at the Unitarian Universalist church. I liked the service and got a little bit of a better understanding of what UUism is. I guess in a nutshell: everyone is welcome because we are one human family and if we all work together, it is possible to make heaven on earth.

After church, we had lunch at the house and then I helped knock down some walls. Not entire walls, but just the plaster and the wooden lath behind it. It was super dusty. We looked like we were wearing powdered wigs. Mmmmmm....80 year old dust.

I was rewarded for my work with dinner at Kuba Kuba, a Cuban restaurant. Sorry Marivonne, but I just have to talk food for a second. I had a pork shank (huge) with white beans. For dessert I had Luz del Sol. I love that name,"Light of the Sun". It is flan on top of yellow cake. The caramel soaks through the cake and it was so good.

Grace and I finally got to exchange Christmas presents while I was there. She got me an awesome silk, fair trade, yoga pillow for sitting on the floor and meditating. And I gave her a necklace I made with flat, oval, Picasso jasper and sterling silver. And since it was her birthday on Wednesday I also gave her a bookmark that I made with some light green aventurine beads, wire work, and a long strip of black suede.

I'll blog again once I start work or something amazing happens. Let me just say I can't wait to start working, not because I'm bored, but because I would really like some money. Life is more fun with money.

1 comment:

mv said...

Aaahh!! Cuban food!! Had to close my eyes... (rriiiiight.....) :-P Whatever with the friggin execs taking vacation after the holidays... freaks. I'll cross fingers, arms, and ankles. I'd cross my legs but that's gonna have to wait another gugajillion pounds.