Thursday, February 22, 2007

I wear bags on my feet

Wazzat? A funky pumpkin? A boat? A knitting project gone horribly wrong?
No! It's a shoe! Or a sock. Or a slipper. Whatever.
Actually there are two.

These didn't take too long. Maybe a few evenings. They're called pocket book slippers because they're built like little bags that you stretch out with your feet. I used wool and threw them in the washer and dryer so that they'd shrink a little. I'd like to throw them in again so they turn into felt, but I worry that I won't be able to stick my feet in them afterwards. Then I'd be stuck with little felt bags which isn't too bad, but my feet would be cold.

1 comment:

mv said...

OMG! Keeeeooooot! I love that pattern because of the little strap dealie. A lot of times slipper patterns cover the whole foot - these have charactah! Stick a sole and heels and you're good to go! :-P Way to go!!