Saturday, February 25, 2006

Girly Girl Makeup Crap

When you lose a bit of weight, it's really nice when people notice. Although sometimes you wonder, "Christ, did I look like utter shit before? Was I so freakishly fat I never noticed the balloon handlers tethering me down to the ground?" Anyway, it's nice to get compliments and it doesn't feel like a futile exercise to get all made up and look nice. So I've been even happier to find stuff that makes me feel pretty. Oh so pretty.

Sephora's Wet Dry Foundation Best pressed powder EVER. Even comes in MY skin color, which is pretty much impossible to find. And it's great for my oily oily skin. I use it dry for full coverage because I have such crappy crappy uneven skin tone, but you can also use it wet for sheer coverage. It's only $18, compare to Lorac's similar product at $35, and only about $6 more than the upper end of drugstore brands that don't match my skin tone at all.

Benefit's Lemon Aid Awesome eyelid primer. It isn't greasy and doesn't fall into the creases. You're supposed to just use it for your eyelids, but I use it under my eyes too. I figure it's the same kind of thin skin and both upper and lower are too dark making me look exhausted all the time. Then I cover it up with the Sephora powder and I'm good to go. It stays on ALL day, swear to god, and it makes me look awake and it makes me look my age. Great stuff.

Becca's Concealer Most amazing line of concealers EVER. I have never ever ever seen a brand with so many shades of concealers. A little pricey at $33, but trust me, the stuff is CONCENTRATED and you get two kinds in one. The medium coverage is a little oily for me, but I have an oil slick for a face. I guess it's good for under eye where the skin is usually drier. The heavier coverage is drier and I like it. But really the best part is that I could actually find a shade that MATCHES (That way, I don't have to use too much of the powder foundation). 99% of cosemetics brands have at 3 shades of concealer. Becca has 30!!!

I don't wear a lot of makeup everyday, just enough to even things out a little. But it's so hard to find makeup for my skin tone. Most drugstore brands carry mostly white tones and then run out of whatever might possibly be near my complextion because I shop where similarly brown people shop. And even then, it doesn't really match or rubs off if you look at it funny. So I'm just really pleased to find stuff that actually works.

No comments: