Saturday, February 25, 2006

I *heart* you innernet

Hello everybody! I have a computer again. It's an HP Pavillion dv5035nr. I can burn CDs and DVDs and it's got lighscribe so they'll have pretty labels. The processor is *gasp* not Intel, but AMD Turion, whatever that means. I just know it's working without a squeaky wheel turned by a hamster.

I thought I'd go through major withdrawl not having a home PC for two weeks, but I've been ok. I did a lot of timewasting on the internet at work. However, I did miss being able to check out websites deemed unworthy at work, such as ilovebacon.com. Apparently it has adult content.

I also watched the Olympics to fill up my time that I really ought to be using reading journal articles about tumor suppressor genes. Anyway, the Olympics have been pretty disappointing overall and Aerials is the craziest sport I've watched. I wince every time someone prepares to land, because I just KNOW they're going to twist both their legs around like corkscrews upon landing. The best thing about these Olympics, though, has been Google video. Just google what you want after NBC has aired it and you don't have to actually stay up and wait and wade through curling and other crap to get to what you really want to see. And that is, don't lie...ladies' figure skating. Sasha Cohen has the freakiest smile. The Sony Aibo robot dog has more emotion than Arakawa. Weir isn't a lady, but he might as well be. And finally, the new scoring sucks because there was waaaay too much falling. At the Olympics, I WANT PERFECTION !!!!!

uh...*cough*

Anywhooo, it's nice to be back innernet. I'll post more soon.

No comments: