Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Another random veggie post

A couple of days ago I tried another "new" vegetable. "New" because I've eaten artichokes before plenty of times - jarred and in dips. But this time around I bought fresh ones and had to Google "how to eat an artichoke".

It was pretty tasty and really simple to cook. I just steamed it in the microwave for 8 minutes after trimming the top and bottom. But eating it was a lot of work for the amount of food you get, much like crabs. But I love both so I don't mind the work. Plus it's nice to take a nice long time to eat a veggie while watching t.v.

Since I had never eaten a fresh artichoke before I was a little afraid because there are a lot of parts you're not supposed to eat. I thought I'd choke and die and since I live alone nobody would notice. But really, why give a veggie a name like artiCHOKE? Bad marketing if you ask me. That's like having foods called Stabbycarrot or Deathlettuce or Heartattackburger. Wait, I'd still probably eat Heartattackburger. Sounds pretty good.

3 comments:

Aileen said...

LOL yeah, I've seen that before. That's just disgusting. Just nasty. I can't even eat a Monte Cristo. You might as well wash down a donut sandwich with a glass of lard.

Andrew said...

Homer- Bart you better butter that bacon.

Rachel said...

I think that was Luther Vandross' favorite food-which explains alot...what to soon??!!!??