Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Say wha? update

There was an update on the Sneeze post on the hearing test. A reader with some fancy schmancy audio software put together a range of frequencies here. For me, my limit of easily hearing the tones is 16,000 Hz. But if I turn off the TV and listen carefully, I can hear up to 21,000Hz. The tones are markedly fainter after 16,000 Hz, but 21,000 is also a noticably lower pitch (or is it tone?)

Neato.


P.S. I also hear better in my left ear than my right. And yet, I'm more comfortable talking on the phone to my right.

7 comments:

D said...

I'll have to try that again later. 'Cause I didn't hear anything after 12,000. Or maybe I am just getting old like I thought :)

BTW, I thought you were going to bed.

Aileen said...

I thought so too! I knew you'd call me on that.

Edward said...

I guess i'm getting old. And tell your friend danyel I don't like people with blog accounts and have no blog!

Andrew said...

I heard a drop too after 1600. I did hear everything throughout the range. They don't have a wifes voice test though. She can't ever prove whether it is my not hearing her or me not paying attention. ;)

PS
Edward I have a blog unlike some other people. Whether it make me cool or not I would place my money on the latter.

Aileen said...

she does have a blog! why she doesnt have that on her profile...the world may never know.

Aileen said...

you know who DOESN'T have a blog?

Grace.

what up with that?!

D said...

The world can sleep easy now, knowing why my blog wasn't in the profile. I had my blog set to not appear in the listings, so it wasn't showing up in my profile. All better now!