Monday, December 19, 2005

The Chronicles of Aileen's Diet

So...full...too...much...food.

I've eaten so much since my last JC weigh-in. But it's all been really yummy. Not all of it was "junk", but I've hardly eaten any of my JC food this week.

Wednesday - weekly cheatin' :
Double Dave's Peproni Sticks and Pizza buffet. Ate a lot, but not so much it hurt. Should have skipped this, but I was with a friend. Social pressure, I guess.

Thursday - Lab Christmas Lunch: Backstreet Cafe's Lobster Sandwich and Brioche Bread Pudding. I thought it would be lobster salad, but it was actually battered and fried lobster tails!! I was full up to my nose. It was good and it was a fabulous day out with the lab (we also went to see The Chronicles of Narnia) but, I kind of regret choosing this meal. This meal actually hurt.

Saturday - payment for driving friend to the airport: Paulie's Mozzarella, Tomato & Pesto Panini with Greek Pasta salad. At least I didn't order meat!? No website, but here are some reviews.

Sunday : Ruggle's Goat Cheese and Grilled Chicken Salad with Sundried Tomato dressing and Whole Wheat Bread Pudding. This meal was fairly healthy. I was impressed with the 175 Calorie bread pudding; it was a large serving and really tasty, despite not having any egg yolks in it. Taste and satisfaction-wise, probably the best meal of the week. I was even humming to myself while I ate. So what if the Sunday after- church crowd haughty-taughties think I'm weird?

Sunday night - Pot luck holiday party: A little bit of everything but didn't stuff my face. I brought a low fat trifle made with store-made Angel food cake, frozen strawberries mixed with Polaner's Splenda-sweetened strawberry jam (WAY better than Smucker's Nutra-sweet jam), sugar & fat free white chocolate Jello instant pudding, and lite cool whip. It was a BIG hit since it was light and people were already stuffed. And it was pretty!

I've been trying to fit in exercising, but as usual, I'm super busy with work and stuff right before I take off for vacation. BUT, I did manage to do exercise DVDs twice and I went to yoga this morning. I learned new stuff this week, which I always love. But it was HARD today. I was breathing like Fatty McGee. And in Ashtanga you're supposed to breathe REAALLY loud but only in AND out through your nose, and sound as if the ocean was in your head. So I'm sure EVERYONE could hear how HARD I was breathing. My teacher even commended me on it, but I was just thinking, "I can't help it! I'm gonna die!" And I was a little embarrassed when he said, "Good job, you're really working hard. I can see the sweat glistening on your face." But in ALL honesty, I was closest to the space heaters!!!!

My next JC appointment is Tuesday morning before fly home. I just hope I haven't gained a pound. Losing these most recent five pounds has been kinda of hard :(. But as least I'm trying! I usually just say screw it and gain another 10lbs.

Unfortunately, I can't really see myself being very good with my diet when I'm at home. I'll have to try hard to stick to my JC food. And I'll try to keep exercising. And if it will help my parents eat more healthily, I'll have even more reason to stick to the diet.

By the way, if you read all of this, thanks! I mean, honestly, who really cares what I ate? But then again, there are plenty of people who actually get paid to write about stuff they ate. Oh, what a dream job that would be!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I DID IT!!!! I Read through the whole thing...lol...I really don't know how you are going to stick to your diet at home...sooooo much good food there...yummy yumm yum!!! I am really hungry and starting to crave just thinking about it!!!
Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!