Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thou shalt not steal my stuff

Someone stole my lotion off my desk at work. It joins the following things gone completely* missing from the area:
-my coworker's lotion
-my coworker's novelty valentine's day pen
-a Coke from the neighboring lab's cabinet
-an apple from the neighboring lab's cabinet

I just bought that lotion too. It was Cherry Blossom hand repair lotion from Bath and Body Works and cost me a $12! I really hate when people steal personal items. I need to set up a webcam, but I'm afraid they'd steal the camera. So, instead I just bought another bottle of the same lotion. I'm going to leave the bottle on my desk, just as before. If I don't the terrorists have already won! Wait, that's different. Anywhoo... Like I said, the bottle will be there. But I wouldn't use it if I were you. If you did, I wouldn't put my hands anywhere near any mucous membranes. Might burn like habanero peppers for some strange reason.

*a box of latex gloves were taken off my bench, but I saw them in the neighboring lab's area. I never confronted them about it. But now, EVERYTHING on my bench is labeled.

NB: I have not told anybody I work with about this blog.

6 comments:

Edward said...

That really sucks that people actually steal stuff at work. What losers. Anyways, what you should do is go around smelling peoples hands and arms and see if it smells like cherry blossom lotion. Or label everything you have with "Congratulations! Thou has broken the Eighth Commandment! Still, Jesus loves you no matter what." And if the suspect is Muslim, replace Jesus with Allah.
Maybe the note will be a profound moment in his or her life, and from there they decide to change their dastardly ways. Then again, I'm a sucker for physical confrontation.

Hanne said...

Do as us Norwegians - just punch them losers in the face! :D

Edward said...

Sorry Aileen, its commandment 7 for us Catholics. Christians, changed there number two about having crosses instead of cruxufixes and christians dont care if you covet your neighbors wife. Just us Catholites.

Anonymous said...

Man, it's like the label maker all over again! That sucks.

Aileen said...

Edward- I'm suprised you know all this. I'd have to Google it myself.

Hanne- I had no idea you crazy Norwegians were so violent! ;)

Danyel- At least the label maker was the only thing stolen from that lab in the three years I was there. All of these thefts occurred within 5 months. Stupid "open" layout.

Anonymous said...

Yes, stupid open layout.