Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pickle

On the 5th I told y'all that I had an interview for a cytogenetics position. I still haven't heard back from them, but I knew it would take at least 6 to 10 days to even have the background check done. However, I got a call from the molecular oncology department in the company. The director said that my resume "jumped off his desk when he saw it". Turns out he is from Houston and we know a lot of the same people. He gave me all these reasons why I should consider his department instead of cytogenetics, and basically left me in a pickle. I don't know what to do. So, tomorrow I am going to see his lab and compare the two jobs. I will keep in mind however, that I don't have either job.

Damn this world with no guarantees!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hey, it never hurts to have two possible jobs instead of just one! Also, it is awesome that you are being wooed for one of the jobs! :)

D said...

I agree with Grace. Being wooed is a good thing. As long as you can put your application in for both, do it. If they both make an offer, then you weigh the options.