Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What's happening! (remember that show?)

My, it's been a while since my last post. Well, nothing fabulous has really happened.

Bad things in the world have happened, specifically in Blacksburg, Virginia. All I can say is that it is very, very sad and I'm very, very tired of senseless things happening. So, here's my request: Evil of the world, please cease.

That'll do it, don't ya think?

My parents went out of town and have come back. While they were gone, I held the fort with the dog and cat and fishes. It was nice to be alone except for one night when the dog barked at something across the street and I swore I heard someone at the door. Spooky! Other than that it was fine and I ate rice! and things with tomato sauce! (stuff my dad can't really eat due to his diabetes and medications that make his potassium too high).

On the job front, I got a call last Thursday from the human resources lady telling me that the molecular oncology position was OK'd. You see, the director of the department just saw my resume and wanted to hire me even though there was no actual position to fill. So they had to make a position for me. Now I must wait while that position is posted internally in the company for one week. I'll find out if I have job on Thursday. I really hope nothing gets screwed up.

So I told my current boss that there is a chance that I would be taking a new job in May. So, she decided not to offer the ring class that I would have taught. I suggested that I could teach another employee how to do it, but she decided against it. Which is actually fine by me. I was a little sad to be letting out the secret to making these rings since I spent plenty of time figuring it out on my own. Plus I felt kinda bad because it's not like it was my original design to begin with. Getting paid to sell someone else's idea is not a good idea. But I have no problem teaching techniques for free. I could never run this business. I would never run a bead shop business anyway. It's really dull. Selling jewelry on the other hand would be fun and creative. But selling inventory? Blech.

I'll probably post more after Thursday. Hopefully something good. :)

3 comments:

Edward said...

Yay for the new job! I think I say Yay too much since having a kid. Anyways, we do that internal posting stuff too here. I think its just a technicality. We do that here at my company too. So I'd say you pretty much got the job. Congrats!

D said...

I really hope the job works out for you. Much better than mine worked out for me. Good luck. And yes, you do need to visit. Once my place gets past the "ok you pick me up but I can't let you in the door" stage. :)

Grace said...

i'm rooting for you!!!! :)