Thursday, November 03, 2005

"Bring the car 'round, Jeeves. I've got a coupon for ramen noodles."

I like getting produce at Houston's haughty taughty grocery store, Central Market. They actually have a huge selection at reasonable prices. Most of the apples I like at Kroger are 1.49/lb and also at CM. But whereas Kroger has maybe 4 kinds, CM has 14 and they're better quality. Grape tomatoes at CM are actually cheaper at 1.99/pint than Kroger's 2.99/pint and they're sweeter. AND CM has the weird tropical fruit that Fiesta carries, minus the fruit flies loitering around the onion bin.

So anyway, point is, I will NOT feel out of place for being the poor kid shopping at the rich people's grocery store. Most of the time, I don't even think about it (until some snob who can't look down the length of her nose starts steering her cart right at me. Watch where you're going snobby lady!).

And I think about it when I spot things like this. This evening I came across a car in the parking lot with one of these on the hood.


But of course, it makes me wonder, "Why did they drive THAT to the store? And if that is their grocery-getter, what do they drive for special occasions?" The world may never know.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You know its just pathetic how rich people are sometimes...showing off in their fancy cars, expecting people to move for them like they are a princess, you should show up in the grocery store next time with your nose in the air with a tiara on...By the way is that pic for real, because that is just plain crazy!!!!

Aileen said...

that crazy pic of mel gibson? yeah, i got it from msn.com . i dont know what he was doing.