Monday, November 28, 2005

Weebles Wobble, but they don't fall down.

So this is one of the other postures I was having trouble with the last time I went to yoga. These twisted ones kept landing me on my butt. I was determined to keep trying, at home though. At first I'd fall and get really frustrated and sit on my mat and pout. Seriously, I'm, like, four years old. But then I reminded myself that this isn't a competition, not even with myself. So, I laughed at myself instead, and that was a lot better. I've really got to remind myself to keep this a joyful practice. I've already got too many other stressors in my life. I DO honestly look forward to practicing, though. Imagine that?

Plus, practice makes better. I can do the these postures a lot better now, especially if I make sure my legs are spread really far apart. Sounds a bit counterintuitive, but it works. Maybe I should be more trusting. Anyway, I think I had learned, but forgotten, that trick in my first yoga experience on a cruise ship. I didn't fall nearly as much during yoga class on that boat. Now I've just got to gain some stability in my currently wobbly pose and also learn when to breathe. But at least now I'm confident enough to go back to class and learn something new.

5 comments:

Hanne said...

That breathing thing is always kinda distracting. I wonder if I will ever get it totally right.

Aileen said...

who knew breathing could be so difficult? and yet breathing makes everything (exercise, stress, life) easier.

Edward said...

You should like this
http://www.nature.com/nature/comics/syntheticbiologycomic/index.html

Aileen said...

Edward, that link didn't really go anywhere.

Edward said...

I know. MoohahaMoohaha!