Friday, November 11, 2005

There's the rub

I've decided to reward myself with something special for every 20lbs I lose. And considering I have 10bajillionlbs to lose, that's a lot of rewards.

So, my first reward is going to be a massage. (Yes, I know I don't really like strangers or even well known people touching me much, but massages are different, decadent, and not tickly.) I did a search for day spas in Houston and came across one that had a coupon for a FREE massage. So, of course, all day I've been all excited at the prospect of a FREE massage. I knew there had to be a catch, so I called the spa. The very sweet Australian lady who answered the phone unfortunately, but very politely, informed me that I don't know how to read the coupon. You have to become a member and pay a monthly fee to get a free massage.

Poop.

Oh well, I'm still on the search for a massage. I think I may have found a place. They offer yoga, too, and their prices are more affordable. All is well.

Oh yeah, I've lost 13.6 lbs so far. But, I think I have lost a little more. I really think my weight was skewed because there was a massacre at the Y this week. EW!!!! I'm so unladlylike sometimes I even gross myself out.

4 comments:

Edward said...

Massacre at the Y? ANyways, sorry bout the free massage. Ever think about getting a massage chair?

Aileen said...

LOL, yeah..."massacre at the Y" is pretty much the grossest euphamism for a period as you can get.

a really nice massage chair would be pretty rockin. though i hate the ones with the leg nook things. they're like vices and give me calf cramps. anyways, i doubt anybody would spend $2K on a chair for me, not even myself.

Rachel said...

I actually went to Rite Aid yesterday to go pick up my vitamins and they had a nice massage chair in the little waiting area, and since no one was there I plopped my big butt in it and pressed "full back"...It was wonderful...well until it got only halfway up my back and the pharmacist said "your perscription is done", I just sat there for a few secs glaring at him like he just stole a candy cane out of my hand...so I never really had a chance to enjoy the whole thing... :(

Aileen said...

dammit, i don't think there are rite aids around here anymore. they've all been turned into CVSs.

DAMN YOU CVS!!!! *shakes fist in air*

oh well, i guess i'll just have to hang out at the brookstone in the mall if i want to use a massage chair.