Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Gobble Gobblity Goo!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am spending the holiday alone...so alone. *sigh*. Just kidding. Well, not about the alone part, but I'm not forlorn. I do wish I could see all of my family and friends though. Soon, my friends, soon.

But I do want to say that I am very and sincerely thankful for many things this year. Most of all I am thankful that I am happy.

Not to say that every day is a good one or bad thoughts don't creep into my head, but there are a lot more joyful days than there have been in recent years. So, yeah :) I'm happy. I hope you all are, too.

4 comments:

Hanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Since we don't celebrate it, I had forgotten all about that. I will however eat "lutefisk" at my grandparents' next week. I am so excited. Norwegian traditional food - yum! It is kinda like a pre-x-mas celebration.

Aileen said...

isn't that the cod fish soaked in lye? is it really yummy? even if you haven't been drinking?

Edward said...

Happy GObble Gobbity Goo! Speaking of GOOB, he needs to blog more. Thanksgiving was okay here, We had Rachel's family over. Her dad, her mom, grandmother, and two sisters. Its not like being home, but it was okay.

Hanne said...

Yes, that is quite right. It is really yummy with the right side-dishes *s* and akevitt/aqua vitae (Norwegian liquor.. means "water of life"). Which kinda means you don't eat too much fish but drink too much liquor. Kidding aside, I actually like it!