Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fashion Don'ts

"Oh my, I seem to have left the house looking like an idiot/ just like everyone else."
I like shopping. Right now I'm not letting myself buy anything until I drop one more size. I've been trying to do that since January, but I like eatin' Cadbury Mini Eggs so it's been a little delayed in happening. Anyway, hopefully, when that time comes, the following things will be fully out of style and banished from every store on earth:

Gauchos - They end right at mid calf and I have no desire to accentuate that. Plus they look wide. I want to stay away from wide.
Cropped pants - Once again, mid calf issue. Plus cropped pants on me have the magical ability to make me look like I had an unexpected growth spurt and dumpy at the same time.
Jeans with giant cuffs - If you unrolled the cuffs, they would be proper pants for women who are 8 feet tall. Why are these in existance to begin with?
Sweaters that tie above the stomach - These are actually better than empire waistlines at making people look pregnant. Bravo! I applaude you, stupid sweater.
Boho skirts and Chunky jewelry -I have no desire to look like Mrs. Roper.

No offense to those of you have these clothes. They just arent right at all for me. I suppose I could be a trend setter so I would never even think of buying any of the above items, but then everybody would be walking around with t-shirts with tiny holes at bellybutton level. a.k.a "the homeless look".

By the way, in case you didn't know, the holes in all my shirts are caused by leaning up against the counters at work which usually have residual bleach on them. So when I wash my clothes afterwards, the bleach eats through the fabric. You'd think by now I'd learn to wear a lab coat. The holes are also caused by my bellybutton. It's evil and chomps through my shirts with its tiny teeth.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I totally agree with you on Every subject you mentioned...I too will not buy any clothes until I lose all of my baby weight...and I refuse to buy any of those clothes that you mentioned also...I guess I'm just not up with the "trendy wear" these days either...lol!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know what's scary? The 80's things that are coming back. Remember the capri tights? Wore them under shorts and skirts when we were in grade school? They're back. I've only seen them in black and white, and a sparkly black, but you know the colors can't be far behind.