Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm suddenly kind of Hungry*

I went to college in a small Shenandoah town where the local young men tucked in their plaid long sleeved shirts to show off their giant belt buckles adorning their painted-on Wranglers. The nickname my friends and I gave to such a townie was Hungry.

What? Is the origin of the word not obvious? Plaid shirt --> Lumber jack --> Hungry Jack--> Hungry. Without that explanation you'd think we were just retarded...right?

But look! Now there's a perfect belt buckle for our beloved Hungry. See ya at the Waffle House**!

*What am I talking about? I'm always hungry.

**I used to always wonder why every Waffle House only had a maximum of 15 seats, even though they're really pretty popular places to go when you live in the middle of nowhere. I've recently realized they must have used all the money for chairs into their thousand foot tall signs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is SO BEYOND AWESOME. If you and I ever go to one of those PEG reuniouns we so need those. Sweet.